Back Forum New

[Strategy] Picking and Building a Good Crew.

Post Last Edited by r3ddlxcck at 2012-7-8 07:51

Post Last Edited by r3ddlxcck at 2012-7-7 19:49

Post Last Edited by r3ddlxcck at 2012-7-7 19:48

Post Last Edited by r3ddlxcck at 2012-7-7 19:47

Great Swordsman - Should be on front line because of its high HP and defense. Boosting its Defense/HP Items will do the trick (Armor,Hat,Cloak,Boots) Boots for dodge Skills should be of pure defense. Stout and Mirror Soul for defense and reflect will be of good use.

Sniper - Hard Hitters, having the Moonwalk skill makes it an opponent to be reckoned with. You should boost its Attack Power as first priority.

Doctor - Every Crew needs a doctor. Especially when trying to get 3 stars at a certain instance or battle. Having the Emergency Heal or Group Healing will help you get through tight situations in heavy combat.

Navigators - Comes in handy if your enemy deals massive damage. This Crew member needs to be behind with the company of doctors. For starters, having the disable skill such as Medusa's Eye will help petrify and suspend an opponent that is a threat to bringing your downfall.

AoE skills are also usefull,
Snipers attack enemies on rows. Navigators have a skill that affects all enemies and removes debuff and thus helpful when trying to stun opponents that gives your crew a hard time. Doctors have passives that gives supportive buff on the whole crew, while on the same time, can cast a shield to prevent those magic attacks from giving you great damage. Great Swordsman, this crew member helps raise your whole crews attack power on chance if the Cheer Skill level is high, comes useful on tanking bosses and a key member for gaining 3 stars on battles.

My Crew has Swordsman on front, Doctor at the far end, Sniper in the middle. I always look at the enemy's position to avoid massive damage to my crew members that have a low HP, you can always change their position at the warship option before going onto fights.

Having a purple, orange or red crew member is always good because of their special skills. Those characters are available at the Recruitment bar. Gaining those characters dont come for free, you have a chance to get them, (depends on what call-up/convene you used.)
Having the highest price, the Super Call-up gives the best characters. If you didnt get the character you wanted but is in the cards, you can flip another for a price of 20 for the second, 30 third, 40 fourth, and 50 for the last flip because the bar has only 5 cards (gold cost indicated for extra flips is for Advanced Convene) only. The Super-convene, err, I havent really tried before, so I'll leave it for the others or your to find out and share.

Buffing up those items depends on what class your crew member is in.
Raising the indicated status below will give you best results (Those not indicated should come last for every class.)
Swordman - Tank - (Armor and other HP/Defense Items or shells)
Sniper - Damager - (Weapon)
Doctor - Healer - (Should be alive to be useful in times of need. Refine Defense/HP because of low HP)
Navigator - The Crew in-charge of the Disables and Most AoE debuffs. - (Magic Attack)

IGN : Outlaw
Server : 01 Fushia Village

Is there a way to make a swordsman DD as well?

I noticed Sniper and Navigator usually have large AoE damage, but the only thing Swordsman seem to be good at is tanking. I got a Swordsman as main but he sucks at tanking so I was thinking of maybe figuring a way out to make him deal damage instead lol

Reply 2# kill5link

swordsman is full time tanker or part time stunner XD

theres a guide section
for strategies...

Is there a way to make a swordsman DD as well?

I noticed Sniper and Navigator usually have large Ao ...
kill5link Posted at 2012-7-7 20:54

All Main should be boosted with all kinds of upgrades. For a Tank and Attacker, Try Boosting its Weapon but still focus on its Armor Set, if you can put at least A Class Armor Set with the appropriate gems, you should be able to last and give a helpful hand on damaging the enemy. Your weapon should be upgraded only after you secured its main purpose, as a tank.

You wont be of good use if you give high damage and last only 2-3 rounds or less. and the swordsman's basic stat is for tanking and not for damaging.

That's only my opinion, I'm not saying that its the best but i hope it will help you go through hard situations

Happy Levelling.

Equipment Shards
This things are the equipments you cant use, not until you complete its shard.
Example is a Purple Item that has a "1/2" on its name. It wont be usable unless you get another "1/2" to make it whole. Completing the parts is worth it. It can be obtainable through Elite Modes and Plundering trade boats (if you succeed on defeating the crew that defends it).

Gems / Gem Embed
Gems are items which can be embedded on sockets of gears.
Blue Gear - has 3 sockets.
Purple Gear and above - has 6 sockets.
Note : Gems of the same type , regardless of Lv cant exist or cant be embedded on One Gear.

Gem Synthesis
Using this option in the BACKPACK interface lets you combine/merge gems into a higher level.
Note : You can only combine gems of the same name.
Example : 2 pcs. Lv 1 HP Shell that are synthesized results to an advanced gem which is Lv 2 HP Shell.

Equipment Shards
This things are the equipments you cant use, not until you complete its shard.
Example is a Purple Item that has a "1/2" on its name. It wont be usable unless you get another "1/2" to make it whole. Completing the parts is worth it. It can be obtainable through Elite Modes and Plundering trade boats (if you succeed on defeating the crew that defends it).

Gems / Gem Embed
Gems are items which can be embedded on sockets of gears.
Blue Gear - has 3 sockets.
Purple Gear and above - has 6 sockets.
Note : Gems of the same type , regardless of Lv cant exist or cant be embedded on One Gear.

Gem Synthesis
Using this option in the BACKPACK interface lets you combine/merge gems into a higher level.
Note : You can only combine gems of the same name.
Example : 2 pcs. Lv 1 HP Shell that are synthesized results to an advanced gem which is Lv 2 HP Shell.

Regarding the Lv. 40 Skill

The Skill interface says that the Lv. 40 Skill, (Special Skill in each class) is Exclusive Only for Protagonists.

Reply  kill5link

swordsman is full time tanker or part time stunner XD
Joeleeq Posted at 2012-7-8 01:36

Thanks. Oh well guess I have no other choice than to focus him on tanking then.

Thanks. Oh well guess I have no other choice than to focus him on tanking then.
kill5link Posted at 2012-7-8 16:40

You are always welcome

Back Forum