Back Forum New

Legality of Pockie Pirates and the Game's Future

Post Last Edited by galemaiden at 2013-4-11 18:33

For those that also play Pockie Ninja/Pockie Ninja II Original, you may know that the Chin3s3 Servers are to shut down in June 10, 2013 due to issues regarding the license to use characters for gaming purposes.

If as predicted to be possible that the closure of Chin3s3 Servers may ultimately lead to Pockie Ninja/Pockie Ninja II Original shutting down too due to the usage of characters from Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and Saint Seiya, then it is very possible that Pockie Pirates would be next in line.

Don't you agree?

Check the forums on Pockie Ninja and Pockie Ninja II: Original.

h ttp://ninja.forum.game321.com/viewthread.php?tid=79012&extra=&page=1
h ttp://pn2.forum.game321.com/viewthread.php?tid=6267&extra=&page=1

You guys here in Pockie Pirates are involved in this too whether you like it or not since it is also anime-based.

If Pockie Ninja and Pockie Ninja II: Original goes down, you may very well go down too.

Tips: The Author has been banned or deleted.
Thorvald.s12 - Swordsman - s9/12 - "only" vip8
Golden Lion 5☆
ID : Law 10-8

What the hell? I am going to quit this game right now!

well Pockie Ninja and Pockie Pirates belongs to different companies (i mean in chinese). Just because PN will have to shut down does not mean Pockie Pirates will

Post Last Edited by zhere at 2013-4-11 13:52

Something important to note: Pockie Pirates is actually liscensed, so th

well Pockie Ninja and Pockie Pirates belongs to different companies (i mean in chinese). Just becaus ...
Wrath Posted at 2013-4-11 13:44

They belong to different companies here too, Game321 is a fellow host, you could also consider steam a game host like Game321 is one.

Post Last Edited by galemaiden at 2013-4-11 18:50

Though the concept is there. Viz Media still holds the license rights to One Piece. We at Pockie Ninja know that Viz has been keeping an eye out for us for months now. I'm sure if Viz Media acts on Pockie Ninja and Pockie Ninja II: Original, they'll also see Pockie Pirates. You can only assume on what happens next.

One of the former staffs of Pockie Ninja and Pockie Ninja II: Original claim that the games we have here that are anime-based are licensed to Bandai. Anyone that can help me confirm the association of game 321 / N games and Bandai?

Reply 5# zhere

Where is the proof?

From Shantie :

Game321 was earlier asked if the game was liscensed, this was their response:
"Hi there, While we are located in China (where the copyright laws are a bit more loose), Pockie Pirates IS licensed and any use of One Piece-related artwork IS legal. We are unable to state the nature of our license, but Pockie Pirates has been operating for many months on multiple platforms (Game321, Facebook, and now Kongregate) - and if there were any questions regarding its validity, the game could hardly be spread that far."
Server 1 : Fushia Village
IGN : Gelmeister

From Shantie :

Earlier when Game321 was asked if this was actually liscensed
here was their respons ...
Gelmeister Posted at 2013-4-11 18:50

I can only verify that.
What Gelmeister said is true. No PP shut down

Reply 7# Gelmeister

Via word of mouth but no real visual proof. Same thing we got in Pockie Ninja, but people there are hysterical and paranoid since the Chin3s3 version is shutting down.

Post Last Edited by zhere at 2013-4-11 13:58

Reply 9# galemaiden

If you really doubt it, then no matter what I tell you won't help. You can go to Viz Media and ask themself if it's actually liscensed, if they wonder why you ask you are considering spending money but want to be 100% sure it's a liscensed game. They should be able to confirm it for you.

Also, PN and PP only got the "pockie" concept and that they use game321 as a platform in common, the people working on it and also the companies behind the games, are different (though I believe they do share game masters and customer support as that is issued by game321). Therefore, you shouldn't be too hasty on jumping to this conclusion.

Back Forum